Author: Eve Clark
The client, a manufacturer of polyurethane components for the heavy truck and trailer market, was previously manually forming their cartons prior to hand applying labels and feeding the cartons into an automatic case sealer. This method was time consuming and labor intensive.
The R.V. Evans’ Value Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans’ Packaging Sales Specialist determined the appropriate 2-step value added solution. The recommendation: A BEL 505 semi automatic carton forming system with 6-1/2” minimum underlength case and 4“ minimum underwidth case options.
Key Benefits of the Belcor BEL 505 Semi Automatic Carton Former
• Integrates easily with a variety of BEL case sealer options.
• Safety switch protects against accidental starting. Powered by air only, with no electrical components.
• Simple case size change-over - no tools necessary and minimal training needed.
• Dynamic flap folding system power folds all bottom flaps.
• Case hold down feature keeps box in place for hands-free case loading.
• Corrosion resistant construction, attractive stainless steel covers and paint-free surface aid in easy maintenance.
Measurable Savings Realized
The BEL 505 has allowed this business partner to reallocate labor elsewhere in the plant thanks to the time saved by transitioning from a completely manual carton forming process to the semi-automatic case erecting capabilities provided by the BEL 505. In addition, the BEL 505 packaging solution resulted in an increase in production as well as a seamless transition of the packed cartons through a Paragon Labeling solution also provided by the R.V. Evans Company.
Contact R.V. Evans Company for a Site Needs Analysis and we'll provide a custom carton forming solution specifically catered to your packaging needs.