Improve Throw Distance, Print Darkness, and Decap Time with FoxJet's New Solo 450NP Black Non-Porous Ink
Date Posted: 5/6/2016
A much improved formulation for non-porous ink is now available for the line of Solo Series Thermal Inkjet printers in a new, superior 45Si single use cartridge. The primary improvements include throw distance, print darkness, and decap time which is defined as the amount of time that the print head can sit idle between prints without clogging or depriming. Solo 450NP delivers decap times measured in hours during laboratory tests as opposed to minutes for the previous Solo 300NP formulation. Solo 300NP will continue to be offered as a lower price point alternative.
Specifications & Features:
- Throw distance of up to 3/8" (nearly 2x of Solo 300NP.) Offering low cost alternatives to some Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) printing applications requiring specific speeds and throw distances.
- Decap time is excellent (several hours), assuring high print quality over time.
- Dry time (on the substrate) is typically <5 seconds.
- Adhesion is generally very good but varies dependent upon substrate.
- Up to 3x darker than Solo 300NP.
- Barcode scannability is very good; substrate background dependent.
- Cartridge maintains print quality through its life allowing full use of ink contents.
- Ink usage calculation considers larger droplet size for Solo 450NP showing "prints per cartridge" mileage.
- Ink cartridge has a 9 month shelf life and is available in packages of 5 as well as in single cartridges.
- Use with a Marksman HHI PLUS Controller or PC with minimum 10.2 Firmware on Controller and Printhead.
Prints on challenging non-porous materials including:
- UV Gloss Coated Cardboard
- Shrink Film
- Inside curved bottoms of aluminum soda cans and much more!
Contact us today to see the difference in the new Solo 450NP ink with a free sample print directly on your product.
Find out more about FoxJet's SoloSeries thermal inkjet printing technology and view SoloSeries videos.
R.V. Evans Company is always available for a site needs analysis to provide our marking and coding recommendation specifically tailored to your particular printing applications.