Problem Solved: Continuous Inkjet Maintenance Costs
Date Posted: 10/30/2017
The client, an aerosol and liquid filling manufacturer, was experiencing reliability issues with their CIJ printers. The printers required frequent and extensive maintenance- often involving service fees from outside technicians.
Tired of losing money and time due to excessive maintenance, the client sought a solution with R.V. Evans.
R.V. Evans Solution
After performing a free Site Needs Analysis (a thorough review of the problem and the client's needs), and R.V. Evans Packaging Solutions Specialist determined the appropriate value-added solution.
The Recommendation: Replacing the existing CIJ models with a Linx 8900 system that kept up with the client's production volume- requiring much less maintenance, thus reducing maintenance costs and productivity losses.
After reviewing a projected ROI analysis provided by R.V. Evans, the client made the decision to let R.V. Evans fix their problem. The R.V. Evans team provided full-service installation of the new system and initial training for the client's production staff.
- The client added several value-added achievements:
- Eliminated the need to outsource maintenance services
- Gained the ability to predict and schedule maintenance to prevent downtime
- Extended maintenance intervals, thus reducing maintenance costs
- Increased throughput with a stronger, more reliable printhead
- Established a relationship with a reliable, consultative business partner for their packaging needs
Problem Solved- Maintenance Costs and Productivity Losses.pdf