Author: Eve Clark
The client, a manufacturer of firearm storage solutions, was manually hand packing product and display cards into bags with a bottom fold over seal. The fold over seal had a strip that needed to be removed prior to sealing. This process was extremely time consuming and labor intensive and the client was producing only 2 to 3 packages per minute.
The R.V. Evans’ Value Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans’ Packaging Sales Specialist determined the appropriate value added solution. The recommendation: Increase productivity with an Automated Packaging Systems PS 125 tabletop bagger.
Key Benefits of the PS 125 Tabletop Bagger
• All-electric system does not require compressed air to run
• Compact design is ideal for low- to mid-volume packaging operations
• Locking turntable and AutoThread feature provide easy bag access and changeover
• Open loading area and controlled seal bar maximize loading flexibility and operator safety
• Automatic or manual operating modes for optimum flexibility and productivity
• Stores jobs for later recall using operator-friendly controls
• On-board system diagnostics simplify maintenance and maximize productivity
Measurable Savings Realized
The PS 125 bagging solution has enabled the client to increase production to 10 to 12 packages per minute and reduce labor by 50%. The client anticipates an annual savings of at least $10-$15K as a result of the reduced labor and increased production. Their investment payback period: less than 10 months.
Click here to see the PS 125 Bagger in action!