Author: Eve Clark
November 15th is America Recycles Day so it seems fitting to provide businesses with some ideas that may help them reduce, reuse, and recycle in their industrial packaging and fastening processes.
Not only does the R.V. Evans Company make every effort to reduce, reuse, and recycle in their daily business practices, we also partner with manufacturers to distribute products that help our business partners find sustainable methods of packaging & fastening. Business' today are seeking solutions that can help them reduce their environmental footprint and R.V. Evans Company can help provide solutions that will not only minimize environmental impact, but will also provide overall savings in the total cost of ownership.
Following are a few ideas to get you started. Click on each application category title below and then the Sustainability heading to access additional information including a number of white papers and more!
- Bagging Applications - Use baggers with printers to print variable information on bags to reduce inventory of multiple pre-printed bags for multiple SKUs. There are also a number of biodegradable films available for bagging applications.
- Shrink Wrapping Applications - A variety of energy efficient equipment options are available. There are film down gauging options to help reduce materials. In shrink bundling applications the use of corrugated products can drastically be reduced. There are also a variety of biodegradable shrink film options available.
- Stretch Wrapping Applications - There are a number of ways to reduce stretch film consumption such as reviewing the overall application method, analyze film stretch, and load stabilization.
- Strapping Applications - In many strapping applications there are opportunities to reduce material usage by using a higher strength strap that has been manufactured using fewer raw materials.
- Carton Forming & Closure Applications - Use energy saving carton forming and closure equipment with a built in power save mode. Review methods of carton closure such as taping, gluing, and stapling.
- Marking, Coding, & Labeling Applications - Printing directly on a label or carton can drastically reduce wasted packaging materials like preprinted cartons. Consider energy saved when using electric equipment vs. equipment requiring the use of compressed air.
- Protective Packaging Applications - There are a number of ways to reduce the amount of packaging used to protect products and fill voids in shipping. The best way is to measure the savings and reduction using a free "pack-out" test. Contact R.V. Evans to learn more.
- Nailing, Stapling, Collated Screw Applications - For those wood & steel recyclers - fasteners are a must. The use of nails, staples, screws, pins, adhesives, and more make rebuilding, recycling, and reusing a cinch. R.V. Evans Company has a multitude of creative fastening solutions for those challenging fastening projects.
Let us know how we can help you with your sustainability goals in your packaging and fastening processes in 2014. Contact R.V. Evans Company today!