The client, a manufacturer of polyurethane components for the heavy truck and trailer market, was previously manually applying labels to their cartons before feeding the cartons into an automatic case sealer. This method was time consuming and labor intensive.
The R.V. Evans’ Value Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans’ Packaging Sales Specialist determined the appropriate value added solution. The recommendation: A Paragon Labeling Systems Model PLS-420 Plus automated labeling system with 12” dual tamp to print & apply a 1” x 6” label as a corner wrap label onto the corrugated case traveling on a conveyor at a product rate of 20 cases per minute before proceeding to the carton taper.
Key Benefits of the PLS-420 Plus Automatic Labeling System
- Modular and flexible design that allows you to reconfigure your labeling system as your needs evolve without purchasing a whole new system
- Features an Allen Bradley PLC with color touch screen interface to print and then immediately apply labels to products, cartons, cases, pallets, and totes
- A variety of print engines available from Zebra Technologies, Sato America, Datamax, or Intermec to meet the most demanding label requirements
- Includes a plate aluminum chassis, PLC controller with remote mount interface, and other features that are optional on other systems
- 100 Built-in label location “Recipes”
Measurable Savings Realized
This print and apply labeling solution has enabled the client to reallocate labor elsewhere in their plant thanks to the system integrated approach provided by the R.V. Evans Company. This labeling solution has increased productivity, efficiency, and ultimately reduced this business partner’s overall packaging costs. As part of this integrated packaging system, the R.V. Evans Company also provided the client with a BEL 505 semi-automated carton former used by the operators prior to the carton moving to the PLS 420 Plus mounted on a 12’ x 6’ conveyor with integrated upright.
Connect with R.V. Evans Company for new packaging and fastening system updates, tips, application solutions, and a little fun stuff too!
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn