The client, a plastic extrusion manufacturer, was hand wrapping their 10’ long pallets. This was a labor-intensive method that caused them to use excessive amounts of stretch film and took approximately 7½ minutes to wrap each load. They required a solution that would allow them to wrap multiple pallets sizes up to 10’.
The R.V. Evans’ Value-Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and a thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans Packaging Solutions Specialist determined the appropriate value-added solution. The recommendation: The Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper with Split Base Frame
Key Benefits of the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper with Split Base Frame
- 260% standard pre-stretch
- Automatic film force-to-load control works like cruise control
- Easy to use color touch-screen HMI panel display for easy operator use
- Up to 15 RPM variable speed with adjustable soft-start
- Separate top/bottom wrap counts adjustable from 1-9
- Separate up / down film carriage speed controls
- Automatic load height detection photocell
MEASURABLE SAVINGS REALIZED
With the installation of the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper, our client will experience the following:
- Reduce their annual stretch film cost by 74%.
- Eliminate the need to use poly strapping for extra load containment, SAVING them $4,000 annually.
- Provide labor savings of 67% annually by reducing the time to wrap a pallet to 2½ minutes per load.
- Return on Investment timeframe: 11½ months
To see the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper and other Orion machines in action, check out these videos on our YouTube channel.
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn